Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service applies to storing and/or sharing given content on a web server hosted by a website hosting supplier. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's review them. In this way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you wish to establish a weblog, mails, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various providers, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file hosting packages often include adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the load between autonomous sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a vast quantity of images with comrades or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your e-mail box accounts. Some firms offer web hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you want to possess an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many video clips as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to keep a web site. To some extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular web content solely.